Dentists will always give you the advice to brush your teeth and floss daily. Your entire mouth, teeth and gums will stay healthy if you brush your teeth, clean your tongue and floss daily. These are some of the outstanding practices to remove the food particles that get stuck up between the teeth. Trapped food is really dangerous since that can cause cavities and tooth decay. To prevent dental issues, you must practice a good oral hygiene. In line with this, there are various researches showing that certain specific kinds of foods are good for teeth. Not only do they assist in teeth care but also they help the body systems to function properly.
The benefits of consuming vitamins and mineral rich foods
Certain foods are excellent sources of minerals and vitamins to help strengthen the teeth and gums. Your mouth will be in healthy condition and safeguarded from diseases. Foods can impact the health of the gums and your teeth in general. It is important to choose the food items that will actually benefit us rather than choosing those that can harm our body system. The kind of food we eat will affect our wellness and health at large. If you eat the right food, you will be saved from ailments and will be able to sleep well. So, proper nutrition is crucial for oral health and general wellbeing. Those foods that are rich in phosphorus and calcium can keep the enamel of your teeth healthy. You may choose items like fish, leafy vegetables, meat, cheese and almonds.
Some of the best foods for dental care
When it comes to teeth care, the following food items are must to consider:
• Green tea is one such item which can slacken the bacterial growth within the gums. Bacteria in the gums are responsible for cavity and plague development. If left unchecked, there can be periodontal ailments. As green tea constitutes polyphenol, it will help to combat bacteria.
• Sesame seeds can preserve the bone around the teeth and gums. Sesame seeds also help in reducing the plague accumulation while restoring the enamel of the tooth.
• Crunchy foods like apples, carrots and cucumbers are good for the oral health as they can avert the buildup of plague. When you chew crunchy veggies and fruits, they tend to clean your teeth and gums from within.
• Sugarless gums can boost the secretion of saliva to reduce bacteria within the mouth.
• If you have undergone a dental surgery, start eating sweet potato since that can heal the gum tissue and assist in the formation of tooth enamel.
Best foods for children tooth care
• Cheese can prevent the bacterial growth within the mouth as boosts the pH level. By forming the alkaline film or coating around the teeth, cheese can prevent tooth decay.
• Children must be given resins to help fight out bacteria. It is rich in flavonoids and polyphenols.
• Increase their intake of fish and poultry products.
There are several healthy food options that can prevent tooth decay and increase the pH level inside the mouth. Other food options are cashew nuts, eggs, milk, yogurt and cocoa powder.